Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bar Pintxo


Today I went to go eat at Bar Pintxo on Santa Monica Blvd. I wanted to go eat here about two months ago when I read a review about it in Angeleno. I love the tapas I had in Barcelona, and since there were no good tapas bars around So Cal I really wanted to go.
The environment is reminiscent of a Spanish bordello. The Rioja-lined walls almost force you to order a glass of wine the instant you are in your seat. It is only until your blinding headache kicks in that you remember why you never drink Spanish wine. The tapas are sometimes a bit confusing, fusing flavors that taste a bit overly dramatic. When they stick to one flavor, the Bar Pintxo's tapas overall quality are intensely palatable. The owner has drawn great inspiration from San Sebastian, Spain, but unfortunately the Bar Pintxo falls flat in terms of the cuisines' execution.
Rating Scale: We drop 2 anchors at Bar Pintxo, good service and great environment, but don't over complicate a simple idea. But if you do go, the crema de chocolat desert and the grilled garlic shrimp are must-eats.


1 Anchor = So hungry you have no choice
2 Anchors= It's not so bad, it's not so good
3 Anchors= Good food, good atmosphere
4 Anchors= Food you gotta have once a week
5 Anchors= My last dying meal

3 comments:

Toniq said...

I concur. .

Mama Mia said...

yeaaaaaay! you're food blogging too! I'm so proud! haha. The place looks cute, but I have yet to find a good tapas place in SoCal.

lovecokate said...

i hope that place was better than the tapas place i went to on quail hill..